Thursday, January 1, 2009

Forever

Within my heart there is a special place;
it's filled with light and memories of you,
though we were never meant to win the race.

I still can hear your voice and see your face,
although we've both accepted that we're through;
within my heart, there is that special place.

I'll never be successful to erase
the treasured joy and laughter we accrued,
though we were never meant to win the race.

Some days, I know our thoughts still interlace
as with a sudden turn of mind the past sweeps through-
within my heart, there is a special place.

The years we shared, have left a lingering trace-
soft images of love, dressed in pale hues;
though we were never meant to win the race.

White thought-ships float across sky's wide blue space
as silently I whisper my adieus.
Within my heart there is a special place,
yet we were never meant to win the race.

(C)2009, Leny Roovers

0 comments:

Recent Visitors

Wowzio Live Feed

Popular Pages Today

Top Commenters

Widget by Blogger Buster

Followers

The Villanelle Cloud