Thursday, September 4, 2008

I have a lovely story to tell

I have a lovely story to tell
about a broken heart.
I'll tell it through a Villanelle.

It's not a plot that's worth a sell,
we've all heard of the tart.
I have a lovely story to tell

about this tart, her wicked spell,
and how she tore my soul apart.
I'll tell it through a Villanelle:

my soul she sucked out from its shell,
though things were different at the start--
it was a a lovely story to tell,

she loved me and my breast did swell,
the way she loved me was an art,
a poem like a Villanelle,

but then, as if she'd rung a bell,
the love came crumbling off, apart,
and left me with a story to tell,
one told through a Villanelle.

(C)2008, Christos Rigakos

0 comments:

Recent Visitors

Wowzio Live Feed

Popular Pages Today

Top Commenters

Widget by Blogger Buster

Followers

The Villanelle Cloud