Saturday, September 27, 2008

I lay beneath the feet like so much dirt

I lay beneath the feet like so much dirt.
Be careful where you step, you may get dirty.
I'm buried 'neath a lifetime full of hurt.

While juxtaposed with others I'm a squirt
among their oceans. At the age of thirty,
I lay beneath the feet like so much dirt,

while they, accomplished by their growing spurts
and living life--a golf game full of birdies,
I'm buried 'neath a lifetime full of hurt,

with filthy pants, an outgrown torn up shirt,
as ladies look away, who would be flirty,
for I'm beneath their feet like so much dirt.

I've never grown as they, nor am I curt,
and as an outcast writing I am wordy,
and buried 'neath a lifetime full of hurt,

all manner of things surely I may blurt,
offending all of them as someone nerdy.
I lay beneath the feet like so much dirt.
I'm buried 'neath a lifetime full of hurt.

(C)2008, Christos Rigakos

0 comments:

Recent Visitors

Wowzio Live Feed

Popular Pages Today

Top Commenters

Widget by Blogger Buster

Followers

The Villanelle Cloud