Saturday, August 23, 2008

Greek Fire (As I Burn with Desire)

As I burn with desire
My brain’s aflame with wantin’
For you are my Greek fire.

Your dream-form I try to capture.
Pillows breathe, sheets become skin,
As I burn with desire.

The road to a place of sulphur
I pave with thoughts forbidden,
For you are my Greek fire

A blaze that will not smother
Consumes my straw-soul with sin
As I burn with desire.

‘Lord, spare me from this danger! ’
I fall on hands and knees, prayin’,
For you are my Greek fire.

You belong to another!
Yet, Lust in the night is callin’,
As I burn with desire
For you. You: My Greek fire.

©® All rights reserved
08/27/2006


Note: from Wikipedia: 'Greek fire was a burning-liquid weapon used by the Byzantine Empire, typically in naval battles to great effect as it could continue burning even on water. '



Ronberge (anno secundo)
(Born October 26th / Montreal, Quebec, Canada)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post-I'm honored to be included!
I enjoy writing in the villanelle form very much...Nice to find a site dedicated to it and to see the works of others who share the love of this form too.

All the best
Amicalement vôtre
Ronberge
www.myspace.com/ronberge

Chris said...

You are very welcome, and I, too, am honored to have your poetry on my site. I regularly mine the internet for Villanelles, but if you create any new ones, please feel free to e-mail them to me and I will post them on the site. Thank you for creating such wonderful poetry!

P.S. - Please include the date of creation. I will include copyright date on all your poems. Your work is all yours. I merely show it off to the world!

Sincerely,

Christos

Recent Visitors

Wowzio Live Feed

Popular Pages Today

Top Commenters

Widget by Blogger Buster

Followers

The Villanelle Cloud